About the Company:
Our client is the only global company to provide a full range of environmental services in the fields of water solutions, waste management solutions and energy solutions and is currently experiencing a strong growth phase. With an established base in the Brisbane area and working in the stormwater and sewerage networks, the requirement exists for an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join their team. This position will be responsible for projects related to the collections, distribution and management of the stormwater and sewer networks.
What does the role involve?
- Operate & maintain fleet of Industrial Service vehicles
- Routine maintenance of pump stations, plant & equipment (pumps, valves & fittings)
- Carry out mechanical trade and other specified duties associated with maintenance, repair or upgrading work on water and sewerage plant and equipment.
- Receive and comprehend work instructions and confidently articulate tasks to be undertaken to others.
- Effectively allocate tasks within the crew, to ensure timely completion of specified duties.
- Work in conjunction with other personnel to ensure the safe and reliable operation of all water and sewage plant and equipment.
- Apply well-developed problem-solving skills and initiative to resolve operational and maintenance issues.
- Escalate all critical issues that arise to the Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Provide general support and advice to the Supervisor as required.
- Attend prestart meetings, review meetings & training as they pertain to your role and the contract.
What do you need to be successful?
- Current mechanical trade qualification
- Well-developed written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated experience and application of skill in mechanical maintenance, repair and installation of utility and/or municipal water and sewage infrastructure, including the ability to;
- Understand and apply Workplace Health and Safety principles as they apply to the role
- Apply sound knowledge of pump control units
- Select pumps (correct duty points etc.)
- Overhaul various styles of pumps (e.g. Submersible, Split case, Dosing etc.)
- Align couplings
- Repair and install PRV's and altitude valves
- Repair and install of pipe work (e.g. PVC, copper, cast iron, stainless steel etc.)
- Operate truck mounted cranes
- Repair and install chemical dosing equipment
- Work in confined spaces
- Work at heights
- Plan, organise, implement and report on all assigned work without supervision
- Provide mentoring to other crew members and on-the-job learning/training.
Why should you apply?
- Long term fulltime casual position with an opportunity to go permanent
- Immediate start
- Safe working environment
- Ongoing training provided
- Fantastic career opportunity
- Regular overtime
How you can apply?
If you are interested in this role please apply asap as our client is looking to appoint immediately. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence, Fuse never presents candidates to clients without consulting them first.