About the company
Our client undertakes plant maintenance contracts, trouble shooting exercises, static equipment control monitoring and inspection and improvement of rotating equipment. Their workshop facility is fully equipped to handle complete overhaul of rotating equipment and refurbishment of mechanical seals. Due to the expansion of the business, a position is required for a specialist mechanical seal repair technician.
What's on offer
- Salary in accordance to previous experience
- Paid travel time
- Great working conditions
- Immediate start
- Opportunity to join large industry leading organisation
About the role
Our client is looking for a Trade Qualified Fitter to work in either Brisbane or Chinchilla. The responsibilities of this role include:
- Stripping, assessment and all aspects of repair and testing of mechanical seals.
- Preparing seal condition reports, clearly articulating failure modes
- Assembly of custom seals
- Maintenance of the repair equipment and conditioning of lapping plates
- Ordering of materials required for rebuilding seals
- Inventory control of seal spare parts.
- Maintaining adequate supplies of consumables
- Preparing customer quotations and submission of customer quotations in a timely manner
- Repairs and rebuilding of mechanical seals
- Attending to sales enquiries for new mechanical seals and seal repairs
- Trade Qualifiication
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis of mechanical seal
- 5 years' experience fitting and repairing pumps and seals
- Ability to work autonomously
- Good technical reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of seal elastomers and ability to analyse elastomer failure modes and specify correct materials for specific services.
- Thorough understanding of mechanical seal technology and repair process
- Knowledge of seal face materials, ability to identify failure models and specify correct elastomers for specific services
- Experience in hydrotesting to API standards and reporting on results
- Knowledge of sealing applications for both pumps and mixers.
- Ability to perform precision turning and milling operations when required.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, then hit "Apply Now!"