Schott Minifab is a global leader in the development and manufacture of custom medical POC diagnostic devices. Based in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne in a state-of-the-art facility, Minifab is a dynamic company comprised of outstanding professionals all working together to achieve a common goal, and whilst doing so daring to think big.
Schott Minifab is currently recruiting for an experience Metrologist to join their team - At this stage, this is a 4-day a week role.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Tertiary qualification in manufacturing engineering or related
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a similar role
- Knowledge of common polymer replication and fabrications techniques - Injection moulding, plastic joining and assembly processes
- Able to act professionally and with integrity with all stakeholders within the organisation
- Able to maintain desired outcomes in a busy and complex work environment
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills - Both written and verbal
Responsibilities of the role include: (But are not limited to)
- Operate high precision metrology systems including CMM, confocal systems, surface energy and mass balances
- Interpret requirements and specifications (e.g. drawings)
- Review measurements and other data to make assessments
- Reference testing, calibration and maintenance of equipment
- Troubleshooting using RCA, statistical data analysis to examine material, product and process performance
- Technical manufacturing documentation including PFMEA, PCP, SOP, BHR, Maintenance Work Orders
- Provide hands on support in any production area as required
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word Format.
Kindly note that due to the high number of applicants, only short-listed Candidates can be contacted.
Questions can be directed to Leah Creswick at Fuse Recruitment Melbourne on 0478 193 170.