Our client is a well-known Australian food manufacturer. Due to substantial growth, they seek a Microbiology Laboratory Technician to join their team on a casual basis (Monday to Friday, full-time hours).
A degree in science (preferably microbiology) is required along with at least 3 years experience working in a busy commercial laboratory environment. Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the Successful Candidate will support the manufacturing and quality teams by performing general and specialised microbiology tests.
The Successful Candidate will also be computer literate, have an incredibly strong attention to detail, and have a proven history of reliable work-ethic and commitment.
Laboratory Technicians with experience working in the food manufacturing industry will be highly regarded.
To be considered for this role you must possess:
- Bachelor of Science - Microbiology or related
- 3 years commercial laboratory experience
- Solid GLP experience and Laboratory OH&S knowledge
- Competent technical ability and attention to detail
- Good time management and organisational skills
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Performing general and specialised microbiological tests - Pathogen analysis and confirmation testing
- Culture media and reagent production
- Routing equipment maintenance including calibration activities
- Sample preparation, analysis and reporting into LIMS software
If your skills and experience are in line with the above, then please hit the apply button now!
Questions can be referred to Jaquline Farag at Fuse Recruitment on 0411 832 205.