Our client is a well-known Australian food manufacturer. Due to substantial growth, they seek a Microbiology Laboratory Technician to join their team on a permanent full-time basis.
A degree in science (preferably microbiology) is required along with at least 3 years experience working in a busy commercial laboratory environment. Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the Successful Candidate will support the manufacturing and quality teams by performing general and specialised microbiology tests.
The Successful Candidate will also be computer literate, have an incredibly strong attention to detail, and have a proven history of reliable work-ethic and commitment. Our Client hopes their new starters will embark upon an exciting and rewarding professional journey with them - They want to invest in their new employees on a long-term basis. Hence, only candidates with an Australian Permanent Residency visa or Australian Citizenship will be considered.
Laboratory Technicians with experience working in the food manufacturing industry will be highly regarded.
To be considered for this role you must possess:
- Bachelor of Science - Microbiology or related
- 3 years commercial laboratory experience
- Solid GLP experience and Laboratory OH&S knowledge
- Competent technical ability and attention to detail
- Good time management and organisational skills
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Performing general and specialised microbiological tests - Pathogen analysis and confirmation testing
- Culture media and reagent production
- Routing equipment maintenance including calibration activities
- Sample preparation, analysis and reporting into LIMS software
If your skills and experience are in line with the above, then please hit the apply button now!
Questions can be referred to Leah Creswick at Fuse Recruitment on 0478 193 170.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter in Word format - Please no PDF files.