MiniFAB is a leading provider of product development and manufacturing services to the global medical diagnostic market. Currently, they require a New Product Introduction Engineer to join the team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the NPI Team Leader, you will be responsible for managing the implementation of new products into manufacturing, liaising closely with the product development and manufacturing teams. You will play an integral role in developing and implementing reliable manufacturing processes to ensure new products are effectively transferred into volume manufacturing. The successful candidate will be required to work collaboratively with, and influence the outputs of product design, suppliers and manufacturing.
- Reviewing of prototype product designs to develop low cost, manufacturable product designs
- Development of low cost and capable manufacturing processes in order to transfer prototype product designs into manufacturing
- Verification and Validation of product designs and manufacturing processes
- Managing continuous improvement initiatives for existing manufactured products and processes
- Provide support in training, troubleshooting, breakdown maintenance and preventative maintenance to ensure manufacturing processes are performing optimally
- Contribute to the improvement of engineering and manufacturing business systems
- Ensure allocated duties are completed within the required budget, timeframe, quality and performance criteria
- Significant experience (6+ years) working as a Project/Product/Process Engineer in the medical device, automotive or a similar industry is essential
- A tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering, or similar engineering discipline
- A demonstrated competency in delivering design and manufacturing solutions for high quality, low cost, volume manufactured products
- Proficient in 3D CAD software, preferably Solidworks
- Extensive and demonstrable experience in Design for Manufacture principles for multicomponent polymer assemblies or similar products
- In depth experience in product and process design, development and optimization, with an intimate understanding of validation, verification and risk management processes under a Quality Management System (QMS)
- Ability to manage suppliers, contractors and internal staff
- A self-starter with a strong ability to work independently, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a chance to join a leading and rapidly growing manufacturer in the global medical diagnostic market.
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then hit the apply button now.
Applications in Word Format will only be considered (No PDF Documents please).
Questions can be referred to Leah Creswick at Fuse Recruitment Melbourne on 0478 193 170.