Reporting to the Team Leader - New Product Introduction, you will be responsible for managing the implementation of new products into manufacturing, liaising closely with the product development and manufacturing teams. You will play an integral role in developing and implementing reliable manufacturing processes to ensure new products are effectively transferred into volume manufacturing. The successful candidate will be required to work collaboratively with, and influence the outputs of product design, suppliers and manufacturing.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Significant experience (6+ years) working as a Process or Product or Project Engineer in a relevant field such as medical device, food, automotive or similar industry is essential
- A tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering, or similar engineering discipline
- A demonstrated competency in delivering design and manufacturing solutions for high quality, low cost, volume manufactured products
- Proficient 3D CAD skills, preferably Solidworks
- Extensive and demonstrable experience with Design for Manufacture principles of multicomponent polymer assemblies or similar products
- Understanding of common polymer fabrication / prototyping / assembly / packaging techniques
- In depth experience in product and process design, development and optimization using lean manufacturing & DFMA principles
- Intimate understanding of Design / Process Verification and Validation, including risk management processes under an ISO certified Quality Management System (ideally ISO 13485)
- A proven ability to deliver projects that exceed internal and external customer expectations while managing significant uncertainty
- An ability to manage suppliers, contractors and internal staff
- A self-starter with a strong ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The responsibilities of this role are (but not limited to):
- Review and transfer of prototype designs into low cost, manufacturable product designs
- Transfer prototype product designs into low cost and capable manufacturing processes
- Verification and Validation of product designs and manufacturing processes
- Managing continuous improvement initiatives for existing manufactured products and processes
- Provide support to manufacturing processes to ensure the process meets required performance criteria. Support may include training, advice, troubleshooting, breakdown maintenance, preventative maintenance and other similar duties
- Contribute to the improvement of engineering and manufacturing business systems
- Complete projects and work packages within the allocated time, budget, quality and performance criteria
- Other duties as directed by the Team Leader or Manager
This is a chance to join a leading and rapidly growing manufacturer in the global medical diagnostic market.
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then hit the apply button now.
Questions can be referred to Matthew Downes on 0403 202 811 or Leah Creswick on 0478 193 170 at Fuse Recruitment.