Our client is a disability services organisation that provides client-centred support to NDIS-funded participants who are experiencing disabilities and/or conditions. Currently, they require an experienced Occupational Therapist to join the team on a part-time, casual basis.
The Successful Candidate will be working from home, but travel to client addresses as they accept invidual cases. Travel costs will be covered, and our client will provide flexibility in working arrangements for the Incumbent.
Duties of the role will include:
- Perform relevant assessments with individuals diagnosed with a range of developmental and/or acquired mental and/or physiological disorders and/conditions to assess their current level of functioning in their day-to-day life
- Relevant assessments will include - Independent Living Abilities assessment, Support Needs assessment, Sensory processing assessment, Functional behavioural assessment, Assistive Technology assessment
- Evaluate new and potential Assistive Technology apparatuses, equipment or tools which are existing, or which are required to be used by the individual in aim to support their functioning, mobility and access to their local environment and external community
- Complete and submit the relevant NDIS occupational therapy and/or Assistive Technology reports in a professional, comprehensive and supportive manner
- Communicate with other stakeholders in the client's life and within their functioning, therapeutic or assistive circles. This may include family members, advocates, support coordinators, teachers, government agency representatives (i.e. NDIA planners) and other practitioners
- Access individual's personal or Specialised/Shared Disability Accommodation homes to perform the relevant assessments, whilst maintaining a professional and respectful approach, as well as maintaining and adhering to the necessary ethical, legislative and confidential guidelines and codes
The Successful Candidate will possess:
- Full registration with AHPRA and no restrictions to practice as an Occupational Therapist, as well as associations with the relative professional bodies
- Current Working with Children's Check
- Current Police Check
- Valid Australian Drivers Licence
Preferred but not essential (please apply even if these are not applicable):
- Experience as an Occupational Therapist in public, private or community setting.
- Experience providing outreach work in any profession or role.
- Experience in conversing with the NDIA, and understanding the NDIS (i.e. funding, NDIS plans, review meetings, etc.)
In return for outstanding performance in the role, our client can offer:
- A generous hourly rate ($45 - 70 per hour, depending on skills and experience)
- A flexible position in terms of working hours
- The ability to work from home
If this sounds like you, then please apply with your resume and cover letter in Word Format.
Questions can be directed to Leah Creswick at Fuse Recruitment on 0478 193 170.