Minifab is a leading provider of product development and manufacturing services to the global medical diagnostic market. Currently, they require an OH&S Coordinator to join the team on a full-time basis.
The main purpose of the OH&S Coordinator is to ensure that Minifab complies with all OH&S regulatory requirements. They will work with the team to ensure that everybody is aware and compliant with OH&S regulations throughout the business. The OH&S Coordinator will work closely with all departments within the organisation, with a specific focus on the manufacturing/production facility.
- Ensure a compliant and relevant OH&S framework that is understood by all employees
- Facilitate an effective OH&S committee and associated processes
- Develop, implement and maintain best in class policies and systems for safe working conditions across all areas of the company
- Provide managers and employees with advice relevant to OH&S regulations
- Undertake investigations into accidents, incidents and unsafe working conditions to analyse causes, recommend and implement remedial action
- Facilitate training sessions to raise awareness of safe working practices
- Review current systems, processes and practices; ensuring that they are in line with relevant legislation, statutory regulations and meet current business requirements
- Liaise with Human Resources and relevant management to develop training for staff, clients and employees e.g. Manual handling, ergonomics
- Undertake audits and performance improvement reviews to ensure compliance
- Ensure all audit results are communicated to key stakeholders and oversee that actions arising are met in a timely and effective manner
- Mentor staff in understanding and maintaining compliance requirements as well as monitoring continuous improvement
- Conduct production risk assessments and develop JSA's and SOP's for identified activities
- Ensure policies and procedures are reviewed, updated and communicated as required
- Conduct induction tours for all new employees - office and production staff
- Work closely with the production manager and team leaders to ensure all production employees are trained in relevant H&S matters and SOP's
- Presentation of OH&S statistics and information at key meetings
- Coordinate and manage the OH&S quarterly meetings
- 3 Years' experience working in a similar OH&S role
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent tertiary qualifications
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment would be highly desirable
- Sound understanding of the relevant legislative and regulatory framework
- Ability to effectively partner with key stakeholders of the business to ensure the OH&S requirements are complaint with legislation
- An understanding of safety requirements and Victorian legislation
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and working with ISO 9001
This is a chance to play a pivotal role in the OH&S process for a world leader in the global medical diagnostic market.
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then hit the apply button now. Applications in Word Format will only be considered (No PDF Documents please).
Questions can be directed to Jaquline Farag at Fuse Recruitment on 0411 832 205.