Operational Cost Accountant
- Nationally recognised grower and food manufacturer
- Newly created role offering autonomy and growth
- Working directly with internal leadership team
Our client 9 Mile is a nationally recognised grower and food manufacturer supplying into key retailers like Woolworths and Coles, and smaller private facilities across Australia. Due to strong growth, they have exclusively partnered with Fuse Recruitment in their search for a new dynamic Operational Cost Accountant. 9 Mile are based in Tynong, 15 minutes from Pakenham.
This is a newly created role which offers the ability to provide visibility across 9 Mile in relation to company budget, profitability, financial waste, company expenses and working with the leaders the facility on CI initiatives.
This is not a role where you will be sitting behind your desk looking at spreadsheets all day, there is a strong operational content; working with managers to analyse figures, focus on targets and accurately report on grower returns, whilst offering cost saving recommendations.
Keys aspects of the role:
- Work closely with management to return batch / lot costings and grower returns
- Assist general manager with cost saving recommendations based on production costing analysis
- Prepare and create internal department budgets
- Prepare all internal financial reports for management
- Presentation to board on finance updates
- Trial balance of leger and preparation of monthly BAS
- Prepare cashflow analysis
- Prepare communications and financial pack-out information for growers
The Ideal Person:
To be successful in the role, you will need to demonstrate:
- Relevant Accounting / Business or Finance Degree
- Currently studying or completed CPA or CA
- Previous cost accounting experience in an operational capacity, within the food industry would be ideal but not essential
- Proven experience in effectively communicating with non-financial staff including those in the factory and warehouse
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Our ideal candidate will come out of food manufacturing; a person that values strong business relationships, someone that is happy to roll up their sleeves, get out on the floor and talk to the team. You will need to live and breathe the 9 Mile culture - People and culture are at the forefront of 9 Mile - they have long standing employees, and wish to continue to create a culture where people are happy, engaged and love coming to work.
In return, you will be welcomed by an employer who truly values their employees, offers autonomy, and has a number of exciting projects in the works. Of course - there is also an excellent salary package on offer!
To find out more, please call Sam Standfast in confidence on 0412 638 890 or email your cv and cover letter to: email@example.com