Unique Opportunity to join a leading provider of waste removal services in Victoria. Our client has the technology, team, and skills that are critical to ensuring results that guarantee a healthy and safe environment. Due to continual growth our client is seeking an Operations Coordinator to work in conjunction with the Operations Manager and other Operations Co-ordinators to respond to incoming customer requests. Schedule and dispatch the most appropriate Plant and Operators for each job in a safe, efficient and profitable manner and provide office support where appropriate.
- Assist in the management of day today operational activities including fleet and driver rostering and allocation, ensuring daily plans are delivered and customer service requirements are met.
- Provide high-level customer service including answering incoming calls and responding to enquiries. This includes participating in '1 in 3' phone roster for after-hours operational requirements and customer enquirers.
- Give direction to operators in relation to efficiently completing their allocated tasks. Allocate cleaning and maintenance task two operators during down time in the yard. Monitor operator performance and report back to operations manager.
- Use Ostendo know to create, plan, dispatch and monitor jobs to completion. Train operators in the use of Ostendo and monitor their inputs to minimise re-work.
- Maintain a schedule of ongoing and/or programmed works e.g. Grease traps runs, daily jobs
- Work with the HSE team to ensure Operators and Plant have relevant and up to date inductions.
- Provide general assistance to the operations manager in all administrative work & record keeping including liaising with accounts and other departments to resolve inquiries as required.
- Other operational duties as when required.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1-year operational experience or 3 years administration experience. Prior liquid waste or transportation Industry experience highly regarded.
- Good knowledge of worksite/workplace OH&S policy and procedures
- Understanding customer service skills
- Computer literate with good verbal and written communication skills
- Patient attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities. Ability to work well under pressure.
- High attention to detail, able to develop and maintain systems for organising work and information.
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups and build rapport with others.
Please call Andrew on 03 9981 5900, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online to this Operations Coordinator Job.