Join the global leader in the development and manufacture of custom medical Point of Care diagnostic devices. SCHOTT MINIFAB offers outstanding opportunities to work alongside internationally renowned experts, developing solutions that improve the daily lives of millions of people.
Located in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne, in a state-of-the-art facility, SCHOTT MINIFAB is a global company with a 135-year history at the forefront of technological advancement and manufacturing.
A new opportunity to join SCHOTT MINIFAB has arisen - We are seeking a Precision Toolmaker to join their manufacturing team to implement improvements and increase machine efficiency.
Primary responsibilities of this role (but not limited to):
- Set up, maintain, and operate high precision injection mould tooling.
- Fitting of micro inserts and change parts for alternate product designs
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to facilitate maintenance schedules and repair schedules.
- Maintenance of equipment in the tool shop in accordance with work orders
- Ensure safety protocols are followed and maintained within the tool shop area
- Managing Schott Minifab's tool shop - Planning, liaising with customers, maintenance and driving continuous improvement
- Reporting tool shop performance
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience with high precision injection mould tools
- Familiar with G-Code, Makino operating Systems and Unigraphics preferred
- Ability to develop high precision machined parts
- Pinpoint precision and high attention to detail for part setup, flatness, and single micron specification
- High level of mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting and continuous improvement
- Confidence in creating and interpreting technical drawings and maintenance instructions
- Capability to undertake production planning in a fast-paced and high-quality environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with multiple stakeholders
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, please apply with your resume in Word Format.
Kindly note that due to the high number of applicants, only short-listed Candidates will be contacted.
Questions can be directed to Aya Inazato at Fuse Recruitment Melbourne on 0423 505 950
At Fuse, we specialise in recruitment for the manufacturing industry and actively source a variety of roles for a broad range of manufacturers. If you are looking for a new opportunity, I'd love to hear from you!
If you know someone looking for a job, refer them to us and we'll give you $500* if we find them a new role!