Experienced Metal Press Operator
Our Australian owned and operated manufacturing client based in Yatala is looking for an experienced Press operator. Initial month of training would be day shift and then moving to Afternoon Shift.
Who will you be working with?
Working alongside experienced machinists, assemblers, boilermakers and Fabricators. Being part of a successful manufacturer supplying machinery attachments for the earthmoving and construction industry.
What are the benefits?
- An immediate start with a 100% Australian owned and operated company
- Consistent full time work with occasional overtime
- Opportunity to advance to afternoon or night shift depending on workflow
- Permanent position on offer for the right person
- Essential work place offering stability
What will you be doing?
- Adjust machine parts as needed to ensure proper speed, pressure, temperature and amount of materials for quality production.
- Measure, weigh and examine all products before they're packaged to see that they meet company and industry standards.
- Monitor and control machines on a daily basis to maintain daily and weekly production schedule.
- Complete quality checks and paperwork every day to maintain production and industry regulations and company standards.
- Make sure work environment remains safe, uncluttered, clean and well-maintained by performing maintenance and general janitorial duties throughout shift as time allows.
- Look over all work orders and instructions to see which ingredients, machines, parts and materials are needed to complete orders to full customer satisfaction.
- Engage in continuing education training and seminars to remain up-to-date on the latest industry techniques, machines, safety regulations and equipment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and maintain assigned machines and equipment as needed for maximum product quality and operational efficiency.
What do you need?
- Metal Press Machine Operation Skills
- Ability to read technical drawings and complete job nesting
- Current Forklift license
- Experience with mild to heavy steel
- Safe Manual Handling practices
- Very high safety awareness
If you think this could be the role for you then please apply now! Or, if you have any questions, please contact Carla on 0466 305 093.
At Fuse, we specialise in recruitment for the manufacturing industry and actively source a variety of roles for a broad range of manufacturers. If you are looking for a new opportunity, I'd love to hear from you!
If you know someone looking for a job, refer them to us and we'll give you $500* if we find them a new role!
#SCR- Carla Madison