Your new company:
A tremendous opportunity to join a leading national insurance company that offers a high-performing workplace bursting with employee benefits. Competitiveness is paramount and they need your technical comprehension of insurance products and actuarial qualifications to join their team as a Pricing Actuary and help maintain their competitive advantage in the market.
Your new role:
You will be required to conduct technical actuarial rate reviews, competitor analysis, manage the pricing change process and oversee the regular reporting process.
Purpose of the role:
- Evaluate, manage and communicate complex changes to pricing structures
- Manage end to end rate review processes using data & modelling to improve data input process
- Support the development of new products, including financial models and pricing structures
- Investigate and respond to monthly portfolio performance issues
- Preparation of complex papers for senior management
- Conduct peer reviews to provide quality feedback on risk cost models
What you will need to succeed:
To be successful in this position you should have:
- 5+ years general insurance experience
- Newly or near qualified actuary (Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia)
- CTP pricing/reserving experience
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Clear understanding of statistical modelling techniques (specifically risk modelling)
- Familiarity with statistical software packages (advantageous)
- Degree in mathematics, actuarial studies or similar
What you'll get in return:
On offer to you is:
- A fantastic remuneration package
- Inner city location
- Excellent employee benefits including free onsite parking, product and affiliated business discounts, Income Protection, additional leave purchasing (to name a few)
- Very friendly and supportive office culture
Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity! For a confidential discussion or to apply please contact Matthew McEwan at Fuse Recruitment on 0432 251 228 or hit the apply button below.
At Fuse, we specialise in recruitment for the insurance industry and actively source for a broad range of established clients. If you are a broking, underwriting or claims professional looking for your next opportunity, I'd love to hear from you!