We are seeking the services of a skilled Automation Engineer to join a major manufacturing facility based in idyllic northern Tasmania. Focusing on the providing direction and managing governance, design and installation of the automation systems on site, you will play a key role in ensuring the broader engineering team achieves its strategic targets. Reporting to the Engineering and Maintenance Director you will be responsible for:
- Provision of innovative automation system design solution for new plant as well as optimisation of existing systems and plant.
- Development and management of the automation systems strategic plan.
- Ensuring that all automation system installation meet safety and operational standards
- Development and management of internal engineering standards and SOP's
- Management of team and external contractors
Ideally, you will be a skilled Automation Engineer with extensive post graduate experience in delivering design and project management activities within a manufacturing or heavy industrial environment. Experience within controlled manufacturing environments subject to GMP will be well regarded. You will have a proven history in developing strategic direction, delivering projects and have worked with a range of PLC and SCADA/DCS systems (Particluarly Citect and DeltaV).
Coupled with your engineering and project skills, you will be a skilled manager with experience directing and managing internal and external stakeholders and working closely with the broader engineering group. Excellent Project Cost and Budget skills are a must.
Located just outside of Launceston, this role offers excellent remuneration and an outstanding work/life balance working within a specialist high technology organisation on exciting projects!
Interested? For further information please contact Matthew Christensen on 03 9981 5900 or apply now!