Fuse Recruitment are excited to be exclusively partnering with our client based 50 kilometres north-west of Sydney central, New South Wales, in their search for an experienced Process Improvement & Control Engineer.
The successful Process Improvement & Control Engineer will monitor and develop improvements to the process operations, perform programming, and manage maintenance, servicing and modification of plant process control system and related electrical and instrumentation equipment. The role ensures that the site's operating requirements and capital improvement projects are achieved in a manner that achieves site safety and efficiency.
Our client is significantly involved in the Australian agricultural sector, building strong partnerships with suppliers, customers and local communities for more than 30 years.
Well-respected for their quality and performance of products, our client services farmers and enthusiasts who make a living rearing and caring for animals.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Comply with relevant OHS/WHS legislation as per Ridley policies and procedures;
- Undertake maintenance, modification projects and programming of the plant SCADA control system and related equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures, statutory requirements (as applicable), and business needs
- Efficiently and effectively provide support and assistance to plant electricians in working on plant control system maintenance
- Utilize the site 'Guardian' computerized maintenance management system as required
- Identify and report maintenance issues in relation to plant, equipment and accessories which includes making recommendations for replacement or improvements on systems and processes
- Maintain Allen Bradley PLC system, networking, Scada packages with effective fault finding and problem solving - reporting items of plant and/or equipment which require maintenance as per Standard Operating Procedures and/or Statutory Requirements
- Complete appropriate documentation and update records, prepare reports of a technical nature on specific tasks as required
- Inventory Management - Work with the maintenance team to ensure required spare parts are held and all inventory items are stored safely and maintained in working order
- Work on Capital Projects and the upgrade of plant and the plant SCADA system as required
- Have a comprehensive understanding of all processing unit operations and monitor and analyse all operations to determine plant performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Maintain accurate and up to date as built plant process engineering and process control related records ( e.g. P&ID's, equipment process specifications, control functional specifications)
- Develop plant improvement process designs and work with the capital project manager for Capex development and implementation
- Develop SOPs and related training material for plant operations
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- Graduate Professional Engineer (Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering)
- Minimum of 5 years post graduation experience in plant support activities in continuous process industries and PLC and SCADA programming experience - applicants with lesser experience or without PLC and SCADA programming experience would be considered with training provided in these areas
- Current class 'C' Drivers Licence
- Knowledge of HSEQ policies and legislation
- Experience in plant instrumentation sensors and controllers
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
If this position is of interest to you, please click APPLY now! OR for a confidential discussion, please call Chelsey Elfverson on 0478 191 193 or email email@example.com
At Fuse, we specialise in recruitment for the manufacturing industry and actively source a variety of roles for a broad range of manufacturers. If you are looking for a new opportunity, I'd love to hear from you!
If you know someone looking for a job, refer them to us and we'll give you $500* if we find them a new role!