Our client is a leader in designing, developing, and manufacturing biomedical products at the forefront of innovation and cutting-edge technology. Due to on-going growth, they require a Procurement Sourcing Specialist to join the team on a full-time basis.
The Procurement Sourcing Specialist will work closely with key personnel across design and manufacturing, ensuring that best value procurement is being practiced. We are looking for an experienced procurement professional that is confident and effective with identifying suitable new suppliers, managing key supplier relationships, and is committed to improving procurement and purchasing processes.
The Procurement Sourcing Specialist will also be responsible for ensuring that all processes are carried out to adherence to regulatory guidelines, legislation, and internal business purchasing compliance.
The Successful Candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - The ability to develop strong and positive stakeholder relationships, effectively deal with suppliers, staff across all levels, and internal and external customers
- Solid experience working with local and overseas suppliers - Experience with low volume, short lead time procurement highly regarded
- Strong understanding of financial system concepts, principles and processes
- Confident negotiation ability and high level of commercial acumen - Strong influencing skills
- Strong IT competency skills - Operating an ERP system, MS Excel and Word
- High attention to detail including prioritising and organising workload
- A positive and can-do attitude
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for supplier management and approval of all new suppliers
- Actioning purchasing activities for product development teams
- Managing the entire purchasing process from order placement and delivery - Along with overall product development supply chain performance
- Managing the project procurement reporting system, enabling the visibility of procurement status
- Coordinate the expedition of deliveries and managing freight and logistics for project based shipping
- Compliance to purchasing procedures in an ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 design facility
- Provide support to the company's Design and Technical teams in getting quotes to ensure design transfer is undertaken and accurately managed through to manufacturing
- Develop, implement and maintain improvements to ordering processes, purchasing strategies, policies and procedures
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a rapidly expanding business that currently manages more than 40 active projects at any given time.
If possess the skills and experience mentioned above, then we would love to receive an application from you.
Please hit the apply button now to upload your CV and cover letter - Please ensure your documents are in Word Format, not PDF.
Questions can be referred to Leah Creswick at Fuse Recruitment Melbourne on 0478 193 170.