My client is a rapidly growing global organisation in the consumer retail design space. Due to their continued success they are looking for an experienced Product Designer to join their business in Melbourne's South Eastern Suburbs. This is an exciting opportunity that will allow you to form a pivotal function of a global award winning company and be responsible for product ideas from concept into commercialisation.
About the role:
You will be responsible for developing and driving market leading toy design concepts that are on-trend, on-price and feasible for production. You will solve design issues, actively research the marketplace, and actively assist in further development of products from initial concept stage through to production overseas.
- Knowledge and experience in the consumer product design industry
- Solid understanding of tooling, injection moulding, plastics including material selection, properties and specifications
- Understanding of quality assurance
- Be proven using design software packages such as Solidworks, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong sketching skills and ability to think in 3D
- Work with key stakeholders and overseas suppliers to resolve new product development issues
- Good time management and problem solving ability
What you need:
- Bachelors of Product Design, Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- At least 3-5 years' experience in a Product Designer / Product Development Engineer / Industrial Designer etc
- Must have prior experience designing Toys
- Must have experience in designing plastic products (design for injection moulding)
- Hold an understanding of tooling/moulding techniques, plastics and materials selection, QA and printing process
This is a rare opportunity to join a leading global consumer retail company and join them on an exciting journey!
If this if of interest please hit the APPLY button now. Questions can be directed to Louise Bastow at Fuse Recruitment on 0403 202 811.