Our client is a global toy company, which distributes to 80+ countries and is supported by offices in the US, UK, Hong Kong and Australia (Head Office, Cheltenham). This company is renowned for designing, developing and distributing toy and lifestyle products across the globe for children of all ages. These products may include collectibles, arts and crafts, activity toys, dolls, novelty items and outdoor products.
We are seeking experienced Product Managers to be responsible for the Girls Toys and Consumer Electronics spaces. Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for planning, prioritizing, tracking, and reporting on schedule of physical products that are under different development stages, escalating issues where necessary. You are to ensure the effective project management of new product development from initial concept and prototyping, through to production start and post-sale support.
What's in it for you?
- Join a large international organisation
- Based in head office, a modern, new-age environment
- Supportive team who invests in the development of individuals
- Excellent scope for career progression
- Stability of a permanent role, within a low turnover company
- Competitive remuneration
- Creating, planning and tracking project schedules; and monitoring progress against new product launches
- Driving the development team to start development of new products, facilitating development meetings, communicating action plans developed by the team and reporting status internally to Product Design, Marketing, and Senior Management.
- Recommending creative ideas or methods to reduce development lead time and troubleshoot off-track projects.
- Confirming product's costs are within the appropriate target at each milestone, highlighting costing issues and supporting defined cost reduction efforts.
- Preparing all necessary materials for assigned brands at trade shows and key presentations.
- Supporting the product design team to ensure effective communication with licensors, inventors, suppliers and distributors during product development process.
- Maintaining management reports and ensure data integrity in information systems.
What you need:
- Strong understanding of project management principles
- Strong attention to detail, organisational and time management skills
- A working knowledge of the product development process
- Ability to problem-solve, think analytically and present information in a succinct, comprehensible format
- Ability to organise, prioritise and report on multiple projects with shifting priorities
- Proficient in MS Excel and Project
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with product development teams
- Relevant experience in a consumer retail products background is preferred
If you're seeking a role with excellent career growth opportunity within a market leading organisation, apply now!
For any queries, please contact Leah at Fuse Recruitment on 0422 298 390.