We are seeking a skilled Product Designer to join a leading Australian Design and Manufacturing business. Based in their Melbourne based Head Office you will be responsible for the delivery of a variety of new concept and product development projects for a range of storage solutions.
- Concept to prototype design and project management of new products and existing products.
- Market research and identifying market trends to create innovative designs.
- Material selection and transitioning concept to detail design.
- Collaboration with engineering group to move project to manufacture.
Ideally you will be a skilled Industrial Designer with a proven history in designing a range of practical and aesthetically pleasing products to the retail market. An emphasis on creating new concepts within plastic, personal and household storage solutions will be well regarded. You will be comfortable in creating design sketching and transitioning concepts through detail drawings to prototype development.
- Tertiary qualification in Product or Industrial Design
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role, preferably working with plastic consumer products
- Proficient in Adobe Suite
- SolidWorks experience will be highly regarded.
Coupled with your design and technical skills you will need to be innovative and creative and capable to work closely with internal engineering groups and customers to achieve commercially viable products.
This career opportunity is available now, apply or call Louise Bastow or Matthew Christensen on 03 9981 5900 for a confidential discussion.