MiniFAB is a leading provider of product development and manufacturing services to the global medical diagnostic market. Currently, they require a Product Specialist to join the team on a full-time basis.
Working in a team of engineers, the Product Specialist will be responsible for advising the technical and commercial direction of projects. With a demonstrable background developing point-of-care IVD products from research stages through to manufacturing, you will collaborate with project teams to define requirements, generate system concepts and identify development risks, in order to deliver successful solutions to miniFAB's global client base.
Duties of the role will include but are not limited to:
- Definition of product and design requirements for complex product development projects, including concept generation
- Risk management
- Supporting product and process validation and verification
- Reviewing and suggesting improvements on prototype designs, in order to produce low cost, manufacturable products
- Coaching of Engineers involved in projects
- Supporting Business Development activities, including assessing new opportunities and creating proposals for clients
- Completing designated work packages within allocated budget, time, quality assurance and performance criteria
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Extensive commercial experience (8+ years) working as a Product Development Engineer in a relevant field such as lab-on-chip, microfluidic devices or point of care diagnostics is essential
- A tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering, or similar engineering discipline
- Demonstrable experience delivering design and manufacturing solutions for high quality, low cost and high volume microfluidic products
- Proficient in 3D CAD design (Solidworks preferred)
- Extensive experience with Design for Manufacture principles of multicomponent polymer assemblies or similar products
- Understanding of common polymer fabrication, prototyping, assembly and packaging techniques
- Intimate understanding of product and process validation, verification, and risk management processes under a Quality Management System (QMS)
- A proven ability to deliver projects that exceed customer expectations
- An ability to manage internal and external stakeholders to successful project delivery
This role is open to international candidates. For the right candidate, sponsorship and relocation assistance may be provided.
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word Format.
Questions can be referred to Louise Bastow at Fuse Recruitment on 0403 202 811