Our client is a growing medical device business that specialises in developing and manufacturing products for the dental healthcare market. Products include endodontics, infection control, preventative dental health products, plaque dyes, and syringe kits.
Due to substantial growth, they require an experienced Production and Packaging Team Leader to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis. We are ideally looking for candidates with a strong background in pharmaceutical and / or medical device manufacturing, with at least 2 years in a similar leadership role.
Candidates that have a strong understanding of ISO 13485, GMP, TGA and HACCP standards will be highly regarded.
Duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Operations Manager with overseeing and monitoring the Production Schedule - Ensure that output requirements are being achieved
- Assist the Operations Manager with developing weekly production plans
- Carry out training of staff where required, and ensure that Production and Packing Staff are adequately trained and carrying out duties in accordance with GMP and ISO standards
- Carry out general production duties such as filling, packing duties, materials handling, and visual and in-process QC activities
- Assist with managing customer requirements, dispatch and maintain distribution records
- Be involved in managing the Customer Complaint, Change Request and NCR Systems
- Contribute innovative ideas for Continuous Improvement objectives
- Ensure all areas of work are maintained in a clean, safe and orderly state
- Support OHS initiatives and Safe Work Environment practices
- Support a culture of open, honest, professional and friendly environment
The Successful Candidate will possess:
- Solid experience a similar leadership role within a GMP, ISO 13485 manufacturing environment
- Formal tertiary qualification in science or related highly regarded
- Able to make assertive decisions, work under pressure, adapt to changing needs as required
- Team player attitude | Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills - Both written and verbal
This is a permanent, full-time role involving normal business hour start and finish times (8.30 am - 4.30 pm). For the right person, there are strong career development opportunities available.
Any questions or comments can be directed to Leah Creswick at Fuse Recruitment Melbourne - 0478 193 170.