Our client is part of a global corporation, maintaining its mission: "To be the Value-added Meat and Food products' Partner of Choice, delivering Quality Products backed with Reliability and Service, at Competitive Pricing."
Sourcing meat and inputs from a range of preferred suppliers, this company provides further processing support in the market, around Value Add Meats and Non-Meat based foods.
Our client demonstrates a commitment to delivering high quality and safe products to meet or exceed quality standards. They demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement in all aspects of the business.
Please keep in mind this position is based in Shepparton, Victoria.
- Generous remuneration package
- Permanent full-time position
- Mentorship and training
- The opportunity to join a market-leading business
- Hands-on autonomous role
- Part of a larger internationally-recognised company
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Production Manager to coordinate and supervise all production processes on-site to ensure production targets are met without jeopardising the safety of employees and the quality of the product. This is a 'hands-on' role on the Production floor.
The key tasks of the role include:
- Provide supervision to production employees to ensure they are following PFG's policies and procedures relating to WHS
- Contribute to a safe working environment by controlling, directing and monitoring work practices, and in particular:
- Informing, instructing and training all employees under your control in the safe use of all plant, machinery, equipment and materials
- Responding immediately on receiving notification of a work-related injury or illness, or the occurrence of a dangerous or hazardous situation
- Participate in the Investigation of all incidents
- Ensuring that all hazards in the workplace are identified, assessed and controlled
- Ensuring all employees follow our COVID-19 protocols
- Work closely with other stakeholders to ensure there is adequate labour (with the appropriate skills) allocated to meet production needs.
Ensure all employees receive appropriate training in order to carry out their duties to the highest standards and in a safe manner
Supervise and lead employees during production to ensure their safety and the integrity of the product
Ensure manufacturing procedures are being followed and the product is being made to the required quality and product specifications
Rectify known or reported issues immediately if product quality or the safety of employees are compromised in any way
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Food Processing Qualifications, e.g. Cert III or IV Meat processing, or similar
- Management or Leadership Qualification (desirable)
- Training and Assessment Qualification (desirable)
- Previous Supervisory experience within Food Processing
- Previous Supervisory Experience within the Meat Industry, particularly within a Value-Added environment (desirable)
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, apply now! For any additional questions you may have please contact Chelsey Elfverson at Fuse Recruitment on (07) 3343 6777. Please keep in mind this position is based in Shepparton.