Our client is an industry leader that manufactures and assembles equipment used in the Oil & Gas industry. This rapidly expanding organisation needs an experienced Production Manager for an immediate start based in the Southern Brisbane suburbs.
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Immediate start
- Competitive remuneration
- Willawong location
- Great organisational culture
The purpose of the Production Manager is to directly manage, plan, schedule and support the production activities, which will assist the company in achieving planned production levels and ultimately fulfil customer expectations.
The successful candidate will be required to effectively manage all relationships (internal and external) that facilitate the efficient operation of planning, scheduling and production. Additionally, the incumbent will work closely with sales and supply chain to maximize the collective effort of the end to end process to deliver customer satisfaction considering all aspects of safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Directly manage the assemble, manufacture, test or tear down and rebuild of artificial lift products according to specifications.
- Ensure production planning & scheduling (production/ contract manufacturing/ stock forecasting planning of major/minor components) for HPU's (New & Rebuilds) and implementation support of the plan with supply chain.
- Continuously improve the overall planning methodology within the HPU business by conducting sales and operations meeting daily to monitor, report and provide solutions to overcome issues.
- Improve rebuild production control to minimize spike order on the local facilities, global partners and minimize air freight.
- Optimize safety stock availability to minimize excess inventory along with the supply chain team.
- Identify, report and problem solve issues arising with the design, or components by following the correct internal processes for reporting issues, faults or non-conformities.
- Actively manage and implement the company's continuous improvement culture by raising, actioning, and closing out CI's or MOC's that will improve efficiencies in the plant.
- Implementation of corrective actions as required to enhance productivity / efficiency or to minimise adverse impacts.
- Manage and manage the implementation of lean manufacturing tools and techniques to improve efficiencies and eliminate waste.
- Manage quality control or manuals, procedures/work instructions, risk assessments or other documentation as required.
- Maintain high staff morale, model sound leadership and teamwork.
- Manage and enforce a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Contribute to the business continuous improvement culture by identifying and suggesting areas for improvement and encouraging team members to do the same.
- Maintains confidentiality of all matters.
- Strong reporting and documentation skills.
- Improve data collection and analysis to support effective reporting of the department's performance and to provide the necessary data to drive kaizen of all aspects of the business.
- Promote the optimization of systems use and calibration of parameter's in-line with operational SLA's/KPI's.
- Drive staff attitude and approach to ensure rapid, efficient and professional resolution of daily operational issues.
- Agree and deliver KPI metrics on production output, safety stock coverage, availability & DIFOT
- Other duties as required
Skills and Experience
- Qualification in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Valid driver's licence
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
How to Apply
If you are the type of person who thrives in a dynamic and challenging role then this may be the role for you! Simply hit "Apply Now!" or call Sam Standfast on (07) 3343 6777 for more information.