About Fuse Recruitment:
Fuse Recruitment is a specialist recruitment firm servicing the Infrastructure, Utilities, Manufacturing and Insurance industries throughout Australia. With continued growth and government spending in the manufacturing area, we are a seeking an experienced Production Manager to join an industry leading manufacturer.
About Our Client:
Our client is an innovative, fast-growing Queensland agricultural company, focused on farming, processing and marketing fresh vegetables across Australia and select export markets. Their head office is situated in Kalbar, just one-hour's drive from Brisbane and the Gold Coast, in the beautiful Scenic Rim.
We seek to appoint an experienced Production Manager or an aspiring Production Manager ready to take the next step in their career.
Reporting to their Operations Manager, the primary objective of a Production Manager is to ensure the smooth and cost-efficient flow of our production operations and to optimise them. We seek to appoint someone who is organised, results-driven and has proven success delivering against productivity and maintenance KPIs
Other key responsibilities include:
- Planning of packing operations as assigned to you, including people, plant, processing and packaging
- Create weekly detailed packing schedules, monitor progress and modify schedules as required ensuring that you optimise labour utilisation
- Supervision of a rostered pack house team, including the safe and proper use of packing equipment
- Ensuring required standards of hygiene are at their highest level within the facility
- Continuous review of production practices, utilities and equipment, to identify opportunities to improve product quality, efficiency, safety, and reduce waste.
- Work closely with our maintenance team in problem solving technical issues
- Ensure compliance with all food safety standards and support the food safety technician as directed
This role would suit those who are passionate about fresh produce, continuous improvement, and being a part of a diverse team environment who are energised about what we do and where we are heading.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A solid Production Management background (ideally gained within a food manufacturing environment).
- Proven success leading a team within a production or manufacturing facility. Your strong leadership skills will ensure the development, guidance and motivation of your team.
- Well-developed relationship building, communication skills and ability to engage at all levels of the organisation
- With your keen eye for detail and process improvement mindset, you will be able to spot growth opportunities and proactively manage risks
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to solve problems in a time-pressured environment and reorganise work plans to manage conflicting priorities
- A strong focus on Quality Assurance, Safety and environmental standards
- Current valid driver's licence, forklift licence and full Australian working rights
- Agricultural crop conversion and scheduling experience will be highly regarded
- Individuals with a trade qualification or suitable tertiary education will be highly regarded
This is a full-time career opportunity in a dynamic hands-on role, which offers a competitive salary that will be based on your qualifications, skills and experience.