Join the global leader in the development and manufacture of custom medical Point of Care diagnostic devices. SCHOTT MINIFAB offers outstanding opportunities to work alongside internationally renowned experts, developing solutions that improve the daily lives of millions of people.
Located in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne, in a state-of-the-art facility, SCHOTT MINIFAB is a global company with a 135 year history at the forefront of technological advancement and manufacturing.
Schott Minifab are embarking upon a strong expansion, and as a result they require the skills of an experienced Production/Machine Operator, to join their manufacturing team on their NIGHT Shift (10 pm - 6 am). We are seeking applicants who are reliable, have an outstanding work ethic, have a good technical aptitude, and can work effectively in a busy manufacturing environment,
The Successful Candidate will also have significant experience working in a GMP and ISO regulated environment. We are seeking applications from candidates who have previously worked in a night shift manufacturing role.
This is a casual, on-going role encompassing work across Monday to Friday (with the possibility of some weekend work).
Duties of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Operate complex manufacturing equipment - automated laser welding machine
- Troubleshooting, fault-finding, and preventative maintenance of equipment
- Batch processing of critical production components and associated GMP documentation
- Quality control activities and completing required GMP documentation
- Working to the production schedule to meet all production metrics
- Reporting to the Production Team Leaders and Head of Production
Essential skills and requirements:
- Prior experience at computerized / automated machines
- Strong experience in a busy GMP manufacturing background - Significant experience working in an ISO 13485 regulated manufacturing environment
- Proven experience working as a hands-on machine operator
- Excellent ability to follow a documented process with minimal supervision
- Great team player attitude and great interpersonal skills
- Great communication skills - Both written and verbal
- Ability to learn quickly and efficiently
- High attention to detail / Takes pride in quality of work
- Australian Permanent Residency or Australian Citizenship
If this sounds like you, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word Format.
Questions can be directed to Ayaka Inazato at Fuse Recruitment on 0423 505 950.
At Fuse, we specialise in recruitment for the manufacturing industry and actively source a variety of roles for a broad range of manufacturers. If you are looking for a new opportunity, I'd love to hear from you!
If you know someone looking for a job, refer them to us and we'll give you $500* if we find them a new role!