Our client is an industry leader that manufactures and assembles equipment used in the Oil & Gas industry. This rapidly expanding organisation needs an experienced Design Engineer for an immediate start based in the Southern Brisbane suburbs.
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Immediate start
- Competitive remuneration
- Willawong location
- Great organisational culture
The purpose of the Production Supervisor is to directly supervise, plan, schedule and support the production activities with the manufacturing and production of equipment to customers expectations.
- Directly supervise the assemble, manufacture, test or tear down and rebuild of artificial lift products according to specifications.
- Ensure production planning & scheduling (production/ contract manufacturing/ stock forecasting planning of major/minor components) for HPU's (New & Rebuilds) and implementation support of the plan with supply chain.
- Continuously improve the overall planning methodology within the HPU business by conducting sales and operations meeting daily to monitor, report and provide solutions to overcome issues.
- Improve rebuild production control to minimize spike order on the local facilities, global partners and minimize air freight.
- Optimize safety stock availability to minimize excess inventory along with the supply chain team.
- Identify, report and problem solve issues arising with the design, or components by following the correct internal processes for reporting issues, faults or non-conformities.
- Actively supervise and implement the company's continuous improvement culture by raising, actioning, and closing out CI's or MOC's that will improve efficiencies in the plant.
- Implementation of corrective actions as required to enhance productivity / efficiency or to minimise adverse impacts.
- Supervise and manage the implementation of lean manufacturing tools and techniques to improve efficiencies and eliminate waste.
- Supervise quality control or manuals, procedures/work instructions, risk assessments or other documentation as required.
- Maintain high staff morale, model sound leadership and teamwork.
- Supervise and enforce a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Contribute to the business continuous improvement culture by identifying and suggesting areas for improvement and encouraging team members to do the same.
- Maintains confidentiality of all matters.
- Strong reporting and documentation skills.
- Improve data collection and analysis to support effective reporting of the department's performance and to provide the necessary data to drive kaizen of all aspects of the business.
- Promote the optimization of systems use and calibration of parameter's in-line with operational SLA's/KPI's.
- Drive staff attitude and approach to ensure rapid, efficient and professional resolution of daily operational issues.
- Agree and deliver KPI metrics on production output, safety stock coverage, availability & DIFOT.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience
- Qualification in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Valid driver's licence
- Valid forklift licence
How to Apply
If you are the type of person who thrives in a dynamic and challenging role then this may be the role for you! Simply hit "Apply Now!" or call Sam Standfast on (07) 3343 6777 for more information.