SCHOTT MINIFAB is a global leader experienced in transforming client's concepts into commercially successful products. Their exceptional in-house design, bioscience and engineering teams combine with their unique technologies to create microfluidic products designed for manufacture. All this is backed by their unique manufacturing capability, designed to rapidly scale from pilot line quantities all the way to high volume automated production.
SCHOTT MINIFAB is currently recruiting for a skilled & driven Project Manager to join the team on a permanent full-time basis. Reporting to the Head of Product Development.
This world-renowned company is experiencing a rapid growth in its portfolio of Product Development projects and is looking for a highly talented Project Manager to help bring new products to market. This key position for an experienced Project Manager will have responsibility for the coordination of the development activities with the various internal and external stakeholders particularly in the later stages, when the transition of the product into manufacturing takes place.
The Successful Candidate will bring strong commercial acumen to develop and implement project specific commercial strategies with the Key Account Manager, functional stakeholders and management. Additionally, the role will require a candidate with strong interpersonal skills to engage internal external stakeholders and to maintains the relevant relationships required to achieve a successful project outcome.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Successful track record in a project management role of successfully delivering complex product development projects. MiniFAB's products are at the cutting edge of product and manufacturing technology and this presents numerous challenges over and above those normally found in commodity product environments
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams, especially combinations of mechanical engineering, life sciences, transfer to manufacturing, and design control
- Strong negotiation, leadership and interpersonal skills, and an ability to inspire excellence and to motivate teams
- Strong commercial acumen
- Demonstrable scientific and engineering experience, eg honours degree or above, to enable informed decision making within project teams is highly desirable
- Professional project management training / certification
- Intimate understanding of product design and manufacturing under a Quality Management System (ISO13485 would be ideal)
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills - Advanced MS Excel skills are essential
Duties: Main responsibilities are
- Project Management of one larger, or several smaller, product development activities within the Product Development and Manufacturing groups of the business
- Support the functional teams with the necessary project updates throughout project delivery
- Project budget management, including oversight of project financials
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, clients and suppliers located globally
- Work with the Key Account Manager (KAM) to form a strategic and commercial plan for client commitment to manufacturing and next generation product development
- Coordinate the scoping and securing of subsequent phases of work
- Conduct project progress reviews and create/present weekly reports for internal stakeholders
- Manage the commercial aspects of the project, including proposal/contract review, contract management and scope variations.
- Work with stakeholders to identify and mitigate project and delivery risks.
- Coordinate functional teams and other internal resources
- Optimising and improving internal workflows and processes where necessary
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word Format (no PDF files please).
Questions can be directed to Aya Inazato at Fuse Recruitment Melbourne on 0423 505 950.