Who are we recruiting for?
Our Client undertakes pipeline rehabilitation projects for a range of Clients throughout Australia. They employ people with long-term experience in the pipeline renovation industry at all levels of their company.
The Australian business, based from Sydney, employees over 140 staff in 5 locations across the Eastern seaboard and predominately contracts to local and state government entities throughout Australia.
What's this all about then?
Our Client is rapidly growing and currently looking for an experienced Project Manager to join its Brisbane based team. The successful candidate will plan, direct, and manage all activities on assigned contracts throughout the Southern Region, to ensure company objectives for safety, customer satisfaction, quality, revenue, profitability and timely delivery.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Implementing and delivering the region's projects
- Ensuring successful projects that are:
- delivered on time,
- within budget, and
- meet safety, quality, environment and community relations standards
- Ensuring client satisfaction
- Resolution of any contract issues with clients
- Ensuring contractual requirements are met by both parties
- The direct management of a team of Engineers and Supervisors
- The indirect management of a team of approx. 30 field crew
- Assessing and analysing project performance against the project budget
- Determining and implementing remedial actions for exceptions when targets are not met
- Reporting on the project progress and forecasting future results
- Ensuring all company policies and procedures are followed on the projects within your control
What do I require to be successful?
The role will suit an experienced Project Manager with prior experience in managing multiple concurrent projects and Clients. Previous experience in the pipeline rehabilitation field or in the water/wastewater market would be highly advantageous.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a proven track record with a minimum of 5 years' experience in a related field; minimum 5 years experience in the management of projects and:
- Have sound general knowledge of civil engineering / hydraulic principles
- Have a good working knowledge of pipeline networks
- Be self-motivated with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Have the ability to build strong relationships with clients
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Have excellent contracts management skills and a strong understanding of Australian Contract conditions
- Have a strong commitment to safety, quality, environment and community relations
- Have the ability to travel interstate and internationally as required
- The following experience/attributes will be required for the position;
- Excellent financial management skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Proven experience managing self-performed projects and sub-contractors
- Proven experience managing multiple crews on many temporary sites each day
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Project and Access
- Current drivers licence
- OHS General Induction Card
The following experience/attributes will be highly regarded;
- Engineering qualifications
- Project Management qualifications
What's in it for you?
As a leader in pipeline rehabilitation, working with our client will give you the opportunity to be a part of an experienced, passionate team, dedicated to delivering high-quality products. In addition, you will be supported by a larger team of professionals and be in a position to really make a difference to their people, Clients, and projects. Plus fantastic remuneration package on offer to the right candidate!
Now for the good bit. How do you apply?
To apply, submit your application by hitting APPLY FOR THIS JOB.