As Australian owned and operated leader in the recycling and recovery of resources from waste, our client is poised for sustained growth.
The specialist engineering division provides turnkey solutions to a broad range of clients in the recycling and waste industry through the provision of skilled draftsman, civil engineers, mechanical engineers and project managers.
About the role
Increased workload and the need to continue to develop good organisational structure has resulted in the requirement for an experienced Projects and Engineering Manager to join the Brisbane based team. This is a multi-faceted role, having impact across commercial, project delivery, safety and staff management areas. Broad responsibilities include the following:
- Overseeing the success of the engineering team - from business plan creation to staff recruitment, training and coordination
- Implementation and promotion of the groups' safety and environmental initiatives
- Budgeting and P&L responsibilities across the whole of the engineering business
- Reporting across business on project schedules, cash flow, budgets
- Overseeing delivery of all projects (10-15 concurrently) ensuring budget, administrative and commissioning tasks are completed
- Business development across internal and external clients (limited)
- Improvement and optimisation of existing facilities
What do we require?
Given the complexity of this role, we are seeking a candidate who is a strong project or engineering manager who can manage competing project priorities and get the best out of the team. Other ideal attributes include:
- An engineering qualification in mechanical, civil or chemical. Please note this is not mandatory. Competency and understanding of material handling projects will be looked at favorably.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Business acumen and demonstrated track record of achieving results through projects and people.
- Demonstrated adherence to a high standard safety culture.
- Previous experience in managing teams of technical specialists and project management.
- Positive, 'can-do' attitude and willingness to grow with a growing business.
What is in it for you?
This is your opportunity to be part of a dynamic group, who's true vision is to create a wasteless society, targeting 100% diversion from landfill. Other significant components include:
- a direct report to the company Director.
- permanent role with significant achievable incentives
- very competitive package
Don't delay your application - this role will be highly sought after in the current market.