Fuse Recruitment is proud to have partnered with a leading product development firm that specialises in a variety of Software, energy, defence, consumer products and medical devices D&D.
Our client is a leading product development firm - Strong expansion has set the need for a Prototyping Technician in their high performing and multi-talented engineering group.
The Prototyping Technician will support product realisation by assisting D&D Engineers and helping them to assemble prototype part and products involving electronics, software, and mechanical sub-systems.
Requirement of the role:
- Physical assembly of mechanical parts and integrated concept prototypes
- Soldering of SMT components, including re-work of finer pitch components
- Test setup and execution including characterisation and verification of electronic, mechanical sub-assemblies, documenting test setup and test findings as relevant
- Provide support to the broader project team, project manager and systems engineer in preparing project documentation
- Calibration and maintenance of test equipment
The Successful Candidate will possess:
- At least 2 years' experience within technical / mechanical or related engineering discipline
- Proven experience of physical assembly of mechanical parts and integrated concept prototypes
- Competency with operating soldering equipment including soldering irons, solder pots, hot air rework stations
- Adept at basic mechanical assembly of parts using standard assembly processes such as gluing, screws (torque controlled)
- Familiar with basic electronics test equipment and its use
- Adept in interpreting test procedures and seeking input and advice regarding the test approach or when something is not clear
- Experience using standard lab equipment in the support of protocol execution, such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, and power supplies
- Excellent interpersonal skills - Team player and good communicator
Questions can be referred to Sam Gupta 0421 723 101 or Leah Creswick 0478 193 170