Our client is an industry leader that manufactures and assembles equipment used in the Oil & Gas industry. This rapidly expanding organisation needs an experienced Purchasing and Administration Officer for an immediate start based in the Southern Brisbane suburbs.
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Immediate start
- Competitive remuneration
- Western suburbs location
- Great organisational culture
- Diverse role
The Purchasing and Administration Officer will perform administrative and clerical duties to support the production team. The position will also assist with the purchasing of materials, components and products required for the manufacture, assembly and production of products to facilitate the fulfillment of customer orders.
- Provide administrative support to Engineering department as required or directed by Project Manager.
- Perform process data to reconcile timesheets and work orders for Production Workshop.
- Review and verify quotes, compile codes and align batches to workorders.
- Data entry utilising Oracle system.
- Follows -up with departmental Managers for missing documentation.
- Work with QA department to ensure all production SOP's and associated documents are version controlled and remain current within the Workshop.
- Prepares Work Order assembly packs for production and assembly
- Closes complete Work Orders at month end.
- Provides support and assistance to production team.
- Drives and contributes to the department continuous improvement culture ,5s+1, lean maufacutirng principles and contributes towards quality and HSE objectives.
- Maintains confidentiality of all matters.
- Assist with the day-to-day purchasing activities to maximize efficiency, reliability, timeliness, and cost effectiveness.
- Take part in managing supplier performance and relationships to minimize costs, ensure quality products and services and ensure continuity of productive process.
- Liaising with relevant managers and departments to understand current and anticipated demand for goods and materials to ensure that purchasing activities are integrated and meet the needs of the business.
- Ensuring that appropriate stock levels of parts, components, and consumables are maintained to facilitate optimal production and assembly without unnecessarily overstocking or under stocking.
- Take part in supplier audits as per the company preferred supplier auditing schedule
- Knows and enforces compliance with purchasing policies, safety policies and procedures, and quality objectives and policies.
- Drives and contributes to the department's continuous improvement culture.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 4 years' experience working in purchasing for a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior use of Oracle highly regarded
- Strong numeracy skills
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry highly regarded