Our client is an industry leader that manufactures and assembles equipment used in the Oil & Gas industry. This rapidly expanding organisation needs an experienced Purchasing Officer for an immediate start based in the Southern Brisbane suburbs.
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Immediate start
- Competitive remuneration
- Darra location
- Great organisational culture
The Purchasing Officer will undertake immediate responsibility for all aspects of planning and coordinating the purchasing activities of materials, components and products required for the manufacture, assembly and production of products as well as the purchasing of finished products purchased from other sources.
Specifically, the Purchasing Officer is responsible for:
- Managing day-to-day purchasing activities to maximize efficiency, reliability, timeliness, and cost effectiveness.
- Take part in the evaluation and selection of Suppliers, enacting supplier agreements and NDA's (as required) and maintaining the approved suppliers list.
- Take part in managing supplier performance and relationships to minimize costs, ensure quality products and services and ensure continuity of productive process.
- Liaising with relevant managers and departments to understand current and anticipated demand for goods and materials to ensure that purchasing activities are integrated and meet the needs of the business.
- Analyzing and evaluating the overall purchasing trends to identify areas of improvement and identifying cost-saving or value-creating projects/operations in the Supply Chain.
- Ensuring that appropriate stock levels of parts, components, and consumables are maintained to facilitate optimal production and assembly without unnecessarily overstocking or under stocking.
- Implementing supplier sourcing strategies to ensure continuity of supply, achievement of inventory and working capital targets, and flexible / fast supply.
- Take part in supplier audits as per the company preferred supplier auditing schedule
- Knows and enforces compliance with purchasing policies, safety policies and procedures, and quality objectives and policies.
- Drives and contributes to the department's continuous improvement culture.
- Maintains confidentiality of all matters.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills, including the application of the Microsoft Office suite
- Oracle experience
- Relevant qualifications highly regarded
How to Apply
If you are the type of person who thrives in a dynamic and challenging role then this may be the role for you! Simply hit "Apply Now!" or call Sam Standfast on (07) 3343 6777 for more information.