Based in South-East Melbourne, this manufacturer is a rapidly growing operation making its mark in the industry. Currently, this innovative manufacturer requires an experienced Quality Assurance Technician to join their team on a 9-month contract and potential of extension or permanency. The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role, analysing raw materials and finished products, instrument operation, and strong microbiology experience.
We are highly interested in candidates with a tertiary qualification in Science, that have worked in a similar environment previously (Beverage, Food and Pharmaceutical), have outstanding written communication skills / documentation, outstanding verbal communication and great interpersonal skills.
Key Benefits of the role:
- 9 month contract role with potential extension
- Learn from a skilled and professional team
- Join an industry leader
- Family-friendly hours (Mon-Fri with no weekend work)
Duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Efficiently and accurately run analytical instrumentation
- Micro testing and membrane filtration (Plating water samples and reading plates, Silver testing and other basic Chem testing as required Iron and Manganese, etc)
- Maintain instrumentation via regular calibrations, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Perform quality control tests on ingredients, completed products and product samples
- Prepare samples prior to shipping them to customers
- Review, amend, and update existing test methods, along with creating new ones, and carry-out the validation of these new methods (along with completing necessary documentation)
- Analyse retrieved data and prepare reports for laboratory management
- Recognize and report any food safety issue
The Successful Candidate will possess:
- A tertiary qualification in Science
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Possess high attention to detail
- A positive can-do attitude
Please APPLY NOW OR call Chelsey Elfverson on 0478 191 193 or email email@example.com with any specific questions you may have.
At Fuse, we specialise in recruitment for the manufacturing industry and actively source a variety of roles for a broad range of manufacturers. If you are looking for a new opportunity, I'd love to hear from you!
If you know someone looking for a job, refer them to us and we'll give you $500* if we find them a new role!