About Fuse Recruitment:
Fuse Recruitment is a specialist recruitment firm servicing the Infrastructure, Utilities, Manufacturing and Insurance industries throughout Australia. With continued growth and government spending in the manufacturing area, we are a seeking an experienced Quality Systems Coordinator to join an industry leading manufacturer.
About Our Client:
Our client is an innovative, fast-growing meat processing manufacturer, mainly exporting beef produce across North America and the US, in addition to the local market.
We seek to appoint an experienced Quality Systems Coordinator to join our client on their WA site, an hour outside of Perth.
The primary objective of a Quality Systems Coordinator is to lead and supervise the QA Officers in maintaining the Quality Management System, ensure the consistent delivery of quality products to our client's customers. To support the business, achieve its operational and strategic goals through monitoring effective QA practices, identifying and providing corrective actions as required, as well as performing the Aus-Meat Mandatory OIC duties.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships within the QA team and across the organisation
- Engage and provide opportunities for regular knowledge and skills sharing across the QA team and the wider production, keeping them updated on legislative changes
- Assist production management to ensure quality practices and procedural consistency supporting favourable outcomes for our client's commercial performance
About the Role:
This role would suit those who are passionate about continuous improvement and compliance, and being a part of a diverse team environment who are energised about what they do.
- Conduct investigations into quality issues as they arise, identifying corrective action to minimise impact
- Determine and manage quality losses and compliance breaches, assisting Production Managers/Supervisors to rectify, identifying when escalation or external notification process must be followed, in consultation with QA Manager and GM -Production
- Provide direction for the efficient and reliable documentation and record keeping for QA functions in line with organisational policies and procedures and legal requirements
- Ensure compliance with sampling and testing procedures, monitoring calibration of inspection and testing equipment to meet specified procedures
- Conduct weekly check-the-checker audits
- Ensure that defects are accurately recorded by monitors on assessment forms for each function
- Develop and implement procedural and operational improvements, in collaboration with Production
- Perform the Aus Meat Mandatory OIC duties Results & Outputs
- Complete statutory checks and audits in accordance with internal and external regulatory compliance requirements, including undertaking periodic quality system audits and assisting with management reviews of the quality system, measuring program effectiveness, identifying corrective actions and ensuring their implementation
- Monitor and review the ongoing implementation of quality systems, to ensure the quality and customer satisfaction of our client's products, together with satisfying the various statutory and regulatory requirements
- Assist Production Managers/Supervisors to make informed decisions based on a risk management approach to stop production, where required
This is a full-time career opportunity in a dynamic hands-on role, which offers a competitive salary that will be based on your qualifications, skills and experience.
Please keep in mind this role is located in WA, an hour outside of Perth.