Our client is a respected global manufacturer of complementary therapeutic medicines. Due to company growth they are currently seeking to appoint an Application Technologist. Based in Brisbane, the incumbent will become a valuable member of the experienced and well supported Product Development team.
This position will be responsible for the design, development, formulation, pre-market testing and documentation of new and updated cream, semi-solid and liquid products. Products to be developed may include Nutritional and Sports Supplements, Cosmetics and listed Complementary medicines.
You will work alongside the R&D team, liaising with all functional departments including Sales, Customer Service, QA, and Operations, you will be key in the conversion of opportunity to new business.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Formulate cream products for optimal texture, appearance, aroma and material utilisation
- Co-manage the raw material library and development laboratory
- Ensure appropriate documentation is kept to industry standards
- Specifications for raw materials and packaging
- Ensure GMP compliance
- Provide technical support and advice as required
- Project management of existing product pipeline
- Timely response to new product briefs
- Work closely with Operations for product scale up and manufacturing troubleshooting
Essential selection criteria
- 3+ years' experience in a Development function
- Bachelor degree or diploma in science, food science or related scientific field
- Hands on experience in Manufacturing scale up of new products
- The ability to liaise with all departments
What's on offer
- The opportunity to utilise your Cream and Liquids product development experience
- A hands-on role that offers a broad scope of tasks and responsibilities
- An experienced and supportive team
- Competitive base salary
If you would like further information about the role, please contact Melissa Kennedy or Sam Standfast on 3343 6777 or to submit your resume please click 'apply'.