- Crucial part of the food team
- Work on a range of products
- Provide your input and expertise
Fuse Recruitment are excited to be exclusively partnering with our client based in NSW, in their search for an experienced Recipe Tester.
The successful Recipe Tester will be creative, have a manufacturing aptitude and absolutely see themselves as an industry disruptor, providing, maintaining and improving the accuracy of information across a range of food databases, strongly focused on nutrition.
Our client is a well-known brand, sitting within the prepared meals space, you can find their products in key retailers, food service, etc. They have a strong innovation arm of their business with the ability to develop custom products.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Testing and improving recipes created
- Relaying finalised recipe methods to kitchen for execution
- Ensuring accuracy for customers' at home heating/cooking instructions, making adjustments to the recipe to align with set times
- Ensuring accuracy across nutritional and ingredient panel information across recipe management software, company website, customer label information and cross referencing platforms
- Modifying customer facing information to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Sensory testing of product to ensure flavour profile and timing accuracy
- Analysis of current recipes in suite and liaising with relative departments to improve consistency, providing accurate, relevant, and clearly communicated information for kitchen team and Food Director
- Working collaboratively with the Food Director and Food Technologist to ensure new product/dish development is effectively translated to kitchen production
- Liaising with Food Director, Food Technologist and kitchen team on pre and post production of dishes, noting any amendments to recipe yields, or production problems associated with specific recipes and how to improve them.
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- Relevant qualifications in Food Technology
- Methodical, accurate and creative in approach
- Good palate and food knowledge required
- Experience in the analysis of nutritional label information for a food business, implementing corrective change and ensuring compliance with relevant industry bodies
- Knowledge of Food Standards Australia labelling requirements and compliance highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience using various food, nutritional and recipe management systems highly desirable
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment or similar with demonstrated skill in best practice on processing, packaging, and storing food
To find out more and for a confidential discussion, please call Chelsey Elfverson on 0478 191 193 or email email@example.com.