Our client is Australia's leading privately owned and operated insurance broking firm, with a network of offices throughout Australia. Due to the expansion of the business, they now require a risk and compliance officer to join their close-knit Perth team.
The key areas of responsibility for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Complaints Handling & Breach Management Processes
- Analysis of breach and complaints data, including root cause analysis and recommendations for preventative action.
- Deliver independent risk assessments and provide effective challenge to the 1st and 2nd line of defense in relation to consequential risks and the risk framework.
- Assist the business and network with compliance queries
- Participate in projects to provide SME advice
- Update ASIC authorizations as required.
- Ensure the groups policies and procedure framework is fit for purpose
- Assist with legislative change and keep in tune with current and future AFSL, AFS and NIBA requirements.
- Promote understanding of compliance management and implement changes where necessary
- Continuous improvement of core compliance processes and instilling a culture of prevention rather than cure.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role either within a Financial Services organisation or Insuance Broking practice. Extensive knowledge of risk and compliance activities in General Insurance Broking and/or Underwriting Agency operations is also required.
Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to further develop your career. For a confidential discussion or to apply please contact Gary Armstrong at Fuse Recruitment on 0422 835 487 or hit the apply button below.