Our client is Australia's leading privately owned and operated insurance broking firm, with a network of offices throughout Australia. Due to the expansion of the business, they now require a risk and compliance specialist to join their close-knit Perth team.
Position purpose: Drive the development, implementation and maintenance of our core risk and compliance policies and processes for business operations, LOD1 and LOD2 within the business. In doing so, help maintain our comply with our ASL obligations, be 'LOD3 ready' and educate our team and key people on best practices for managing risks.
The key areas of responsibility for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Help National Manager develop core risk and compliance policies for the business(es)
- Analyse and assess our current risk and compliance practices and prioritise areas for improvement to ensure we comply with our AFSL obligations (primarily) and improve the way we do things
- Manage the Compliance breach system, monitor and review responses. Seek technical guidance from management and/or provide training where appropriate
- Participate in committee meetings (including Risk and Project Management) and monitor governance, compliance and risk activities - including reported and potential PI claims, complaints, conflicts of interest, data and privacy breaches, significant breach of AFSL obligations service commitments
- Manage the compliance calendar and deadlines for the group
- Ensure day to day activities of the business are carried out in accordance with the business' guidelines and policies, and relevant Acts, legal requirements and ethical standards
- Stay active and up to date with developments and industry knowledge relevant to the business' requirements
- Assist National Manager with Risk Reporting Process
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role either within a Financial Services organisation or Insuance Broking practice. Extensive knowledge of risk and compliance activities in General Insurance Broking and/or Underwriting Agency operations is also required.
Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to further develop your career. Hit the apply button above now, or for a confidential discussion please contact Gary Armstrong at Fuse Recruitment on 0422 835 487
At Fuse, we specialise in recruitment for the insurance industry and actively source for a broad range of established clients. If you are a broking, underwriting or claims professional looking for your next opportunity, we'd love to hear from you!