Outstanding opportunity to work on one of NSW Landmark Projects. This established Civil Contractor requires a Safety Advisor to hit the ground running in Regional NSW. They have an excellent reputation for delivering projects on time and working collaboratively with clients, stakeholders and the wider community which has made them a contractor of choice. Safety is the core value that underpins all that we do, in all areas of the business..
- Coach and influence line management in safety and health leadership.
- Conduct site safety inductions for employees, contractor's sub-contractors and site visitors.
- Develop and implement safety programs for project employees.
- Complete front line reviews of safe systems of work and provide reports on findings.
- Assist with case management, workers compensation claims and rehabilitation processes.
- Deliver awareness and education-based information to workgroups.
- Communicate and consult with front line workers on the way to improve safety performance.
- Work proactively with project stakeholders and client groups in all aspects of delivery.
- Assist line management with subcontractor management activities
- Provide leadership and direct for a junior Safety Coordinator and a Safety Administrator
Qualifications and Experience
- Client requires minimum of 3 years' experience within Civil Construction
- An up-to-date understanding and interest in HSEQ legislation
- Diploma in WHS or equivalent preferred
- Experience within the civil construction industry, including roads and infrastructure
- Demonstrated understanding and interpretation of Occupational Health and Safety legislation
- Strong understanding of safety and environment standards ISO 45001:2018 and AS/NZS 4801:2001, AS/NZS ISO 14001:2016 and Quality Standard AS/NZS ISO 9001:2016 an advantage
- Self-motivated and can demonstrate initiative
This Safety Advisor job is a Full Time position. There is a 10/4 Roster with LAFA(Travel Monday to start Tuesday & leave finish thursday). A sight uplift of 24% is also on offer for this project. You will be housed in standard share accommodation near the section of works. Salary will range from $110k Base Salary upto $140k + Car + Super (Excluding Uplift)
Please call Andrew on 03 9981 5900, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online to this Safety Advisor Job or other Safety Advisor Jobs.
Andrew has worked with many well-known and respected tier 1, 2 & 3 civil companies over the last 4 years, and will find you a great job, with an exciting and established tier 2 business on a Major Project.