Whats the Job Scope?
Our client is seeking an experianced SHEQ Specialist to be responsible for the maintenance of the environmental management system and other associated tasks for the Western Corridor Recycled Water Project and the Gold Coast Desalination Plant. You will provide effective support and advice to Operations to ensure best practice environmental performance is achieved and provide support for safety issues as they arise.
- Great Salary Package with car allowance.
- Extensive internal and external training available
- Career progression
- Flexible work environment
Whats a must have to be successful?
- Tertiary qualifications in a chemical or environmental discipline
- At least 3 years experience in a SHEQ role
- Working knowledge of relevant environmental and OHS legislation
- Practical experience in water testing
- Experience with environmental and safety systems
- Experience or familiarity with ISO14001
- High level of quality reporting
- Drivers licence
- Ability to utilise relevant computer software applications (e.g. Google Apps, LIMS)
What will give you the extra edge?
- Understanding of the water treatment process operations or related industrial processes.
- Experience in marine environmental studies
- Training and/or experience auditing of environmental and safety systems
What will be your responsibilities?
- Responsible for monitoring & reporting on the environmental compliance for the GCDP and WCRWP
- Supporting Queensland operations in Environmental and safety matters and reporting for GCDP and WCWRP sites
- Advise management regarding Environmental and Safety issues affecting the workplace
- Investigation and reporting of Environmental and Safety incidents as required within timeframes required for the GCDP and WCRWP
- Provide training on environmental matters
- Implementation of measures to ensure of high level of environmental compliance;
- Work with the GCDP and WCRWP Operations team and contractors to ensure a high level of environmental compliance
- Interface with the Department of Environment and Science, Gold Coast Airport, Gold Coast City Council, Queensland urban Utilities and other entities as required on environmental issues
- Participate in the development, implementation and review of quality systems (including ISO9001, ISO14000, AS 4801, ISO22000, and HACCP) and associated procedures, work instructions and forms
- Conduct environmental/water sampling and testing as required to ensure environmental compliance
- Manage contractors conducting environmental studies and monitoring
- Write and maintain environmental management, plans, procedures and work instructions
- Carry out systems and compliance audit and report findings to management
- Interface with the Operations Manager and operations team on environmental and safety compliance and process optimisation to achieve environmental and safety improvements
- Identify, plan and implement environmental research to achieve environmental objectives and/or continually improve environmental performance;
- Undertake all company training programs as required;
- Record keeping as required
- Review and authorise procedures and work instructions;
- Work as required to assist with environmental and safety issues on other Veolia sites;
- Comply with the requirements of our clients Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) and Environmental Policy Statements
How to secure this fantastic opportunity? Apply now!