About the company
Our client is an Australian owned and operated, design and construction company with more than 20 years' experience working across throughout Australia and the Asia Pacific region. As a specialist in both commercial and industrial projects, this is a company who deliver jobs that are innovative, on time and top quality. They are also a specialist in hygiene sensitive, panel construction for large scale cold rooms, warehouses and the like.
About the role
Our client is seeking a Senior Contract Administrator to join their Construction team to deliver a large distribution centre and cold storage facility in South Brisbane. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all commercial activity follows the guidelines specified by the Project Management Plans
- Prepare procurement strategies, including breakdown into individual works packages, identification of budgets, potential subcontractors, procurement methods and timing
- Assess commercial and contractual risks, identify and implement appropriate controls
- Key responsibility in coordination of internal and external stakeholders, tender and contract negotiations, preparation of tender evaluation and recommendation documentation
- Key responsibility for the contract formation and execution process
- Effectively manage subcontracts through all phases including scope preparation, procurement, cost forecasting, subcontractor management, claims/variations processing, completion and close out
- Providing ongoing commercial support - ensuring that suppliers, vendors and sub-contractors engaged in support of the project are adhering to the terms under which they were engaged
- Maintain contract and good working relationships with a broad range of subcontractors and maintain a good awareness of market conditions and movements
Skills & Experience
- Construction experience (Trade/labouring background highly regarded!)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Outgoing and motivated attitude!
- Ability to work autonomously
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Management preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role within construction industry in a project management environment
- Experience with a Tier 1 or Tier 2 contractor is preferred but not essential
- Advance knowledge of MS Project, MS Excel and MS word.
- High level of financial knowledge, communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate commitment to safety, teamwork and the ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent company culture
- Career Progression
- Competitive salary
How to apply
If you are the type of person who thrives in an autonomous environment, enjoys a dynamic and fast paced role as well as working with a great leadership team who will really support your career development then this may well be the opportunity you need to elevate your career to the next stage. Simply hit "Apply Now!" or call Sam Standfast on (07) 3343 6777 for more information.