Who Will I Be Working for?
Fuse provides permanent and temporary recruitment services within the Infrastructure, Utilities, Manufacturing, Insurance & Wealth Management sectors. We pride ourselves on finding suitable roles that meet the aspirations of candidates, in addition to delivering the perfect candidate to our clients.
What's the role?
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will provide high-level electrical engineering support and advice and work autonomously on the development, design and delivery of Electrical and minor Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) rehabilitation and safety improvement works including public transport facilities under the responsibility of our client, in the North Coast Region, working within the Road Operations team.
You will be accountable for;
- Ensure compliance to 2002 Electrical Safety Act Qld for all electrical infrastructure within the region.
- Provide technical advice to designers, contactors and relevant project managers for road lighting, and Intelligent Transport Systems within the Region.
- Review, inspect and/or create detailed design drawings, specifications and estimates for Intelligent Transport Systems and roadway lighting.
- Provide input to and prepare technical specifications for electrical engineering projects undertaken by the Department.
- Develop and apply technical and administrative solutions to transport management systems' enhancement, extensions and operations.
- Liaise with project management teams, associated contractors and designers, state government agencies, local governments, Energex, Telstra, Region and RoadTek staff to maintain effective roadway lighting and operation of ITS on the State road network and at public transport facilities.
- Investigate and report on innovations, developments or modifications in related practices, procedures, equipment or materials in relation to their relevance to the impact of projects on traffic management for the Department
What Do I Need to Be Successful?
The following criteria are mandatory:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent Electrical Engineering qualification that is accepted by Engineers Australia
- Minimum of 4 years' experience relevant to relevant to Public Facilities Electrical design and reticulation and Intelligent Transport Systems
- Current holder of a car driver licence.
The following will be used to identify your suitablity to the role
Technical Skill and ExperienceDemonstrate your experience and skills associated with both electrical and ITS projects, including successful outcomes in past projects.
Solution DevelopmentProvide evidence of your successful approach to developing and applying technical and administrative solutions to transport management systems' enhancement, extensions and operations.
How to Apply?
If you are interested in this role please apply asap as our client is looking to appoint immediately. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence, Fuse never presents candidates to clients without consulting them first.