Fuse Recruitment are partnered with an Australian-based modern mining company who are focused on creating a pipeline of opportunities. Listed on the ASX, our client owns and operates the copper-gold mine at Prominent Hill, the copper mine at Carrapateena and have assets in Brazil.
Fuse Recruitment are currently seeking an enthusiastic & innovative Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our client's Geotechnical team at Prominent Hill. This a permanent opportunity where you will be responsible for providing timely professional Geotechnical Engineering services to the underground project and mining team.
- Improve geotechnical practices and performance standards while driving quality expectations within the geotechnical team.
- Provide advice to the short and long term mine schedules and accountable for geotechnical works to be delivered to meet scheduling requirements.
- Conduct geotechnical assessment for guidance to the strategic plan including infrastructure, development & production.
- Oversee the development of geotechnical plans to ensure stability of underground and surface excavations.
- Coach & mentor the geotechnical engineers in the team
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Geotechnical Engineering experience in an underground mine, with several years in a sub level open stope operation.
- Excellent geotechnical software skills (i.e. Map 3D, IMS Suite, Deswik, Rocscience suite).
- Solid understanding of mining regulations and operating conditions, especially Occupational Health and Safety.
- Proven experience understanding risk management frameworks around geotechnical risks.
- Engineering Degree majoring in Mining or Civil Geotechnical Engineering or Science Degree with Geology / Earth Science Major.
How to apply:
To be considered, you must submit your resume online in Word Doc format.
For further information about the role, please contact Luanne from Fuse Recruitment on 08 8104 0747, please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by one of our consultants.