SCHOTT MINIFAB is a global leader experienced in transforming client's concepts into commercially successful products. Our exceptional in-house design, bioscience and engineering teams combine with our unique technologies to create microfluidic products designed for manufacture. All this is backed by our unique manufacturing capability, designed to rapidly scale from pilot line quantities all the way to high volume automated production.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is the technical owner of production lines through a team of manufacturing engineers and is responsible for all processes being capable of meeting specification, throughput, cost and safety requirements. Mastery of Schott MiniFAB's cutting edge capabilities, the introduction of new products into manufacturing as well as the continuous improvement of production lines through waste reduction and the minimization of variation are essential outputs of the role.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Demonstrable success as a manager, coach and mentor of an engineering team
- Curiosity married with enthusiasm for new challenges and driving change.
- Bachelor's Degree in manufacturing, Process or Material Science discipline preferred.
- Proven track record implementing safety, quality, capacity, capability and efficiency projects within a manufacturing environment such as automotive, medical device or similar industry.
- A proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues and then introduce both immediate solutions and long-term preventative measures.
- Ability to interpret and develop manufacturing systems, equipment, drawings and BOMs.
- Strong understanding of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems. NetSuite a bonus
- Proficient practitioner of Lean & Six Sigma - Certified qualification ideal
- Understanding of validation and verification of low-risk medical devices
- World class communication, planning and motivational skills.
- Manage assigned team of manufacturing engineers including the development of the team through mentoring, coaching and SMART goals development.
- Spearhead the introduction of new products into Manufacturing in assigned areas.
- Sustain and improve existing production lines against all key measures including defects, productivity, cost, safety, waste, and capability. Champion continuous improvement
- Develop key suppliers including improving their capability to deliver conforming product faster and at a lower cost.
- Sound understanding of common polymer manufacturing techniques.
- The planning and development of Engineering team and functions including.
- Capacity (human resources, facilities, and capital equipment)
- Improvement of process capability such that all Production processes are highly capable of delivering product that conforms to specification.
- Waste elimination initiatives and the minimization of variation in processes
- Improving risk management and control systems (eg PFMEA, PCP)
- The professional development of team members that benefit both themselves and Schott MiniFAB
- Succession planning
- Supporting Schoot MiniFAB values and a desirable company culture
- Ensure production lines are safe to operate, produce quality products at the right output.
- Other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then please apply with your CV and covering letter in Word Format (no PDF files please).
Questions can be directed to Aya Inazato at Fuse Recruitment Melbourne on 0423 505 950.