The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is the technical owner of a production line through a small team of manufacturing engineers and is responsible for all processes being capable of meeting specification, throughput and cost requirements. Mastery of Minifab's cutting edge capabilities, the introduction of new products into manufacturing as well as the continuous improvement of production lines through waste reduction and the minimization of variation are essential outputs of the role.
- Manage assigned team of manufacturing engineers including the development of the team through mentoring and coaching
- Spearhead the introduction of new products into manufacturing
- Sustain and improve existing production lines against all key measures including defects, productivity, cost, safety, waste and capability
- Champion continuous improvement
- Develop key suppliers including improving their capability to deliver conforming product faster and at a lower cost
- The planning and development of engineering team and functions including:
- Capacity (human resources, facilities and capital equipment)
- Improvement of process capability such that all production processes are highly capable of delivering product that conforms to specification
- Waste elimination initiatives and the minimization of variation in processes
- Improving risk management and control systems (eg PFMEA, PCP)
- The professional development of team members that benefit both themselves and Minifab
- Succession planning
- Supporting Minifab values and a desirable company culture
- Ensure production lines are safe to operate
- Curiosity and enthusiasm
- A bachelor's degree in mechanical, manufacturing, process or materials science preferred
- Proven track record implementing safety, quality, capacity, capability and efficiency projects within a manufacturing environment such as automotive, medical device or similar industry
- A proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues and then introduce both immediate solutions and long-term preventative measures
- Ability to interpret and develop manufacturing systems, equipment, drawings and BOMs
- Proficient practitioner of Lean - Certified qualification ideal
- World class planning and motivational skills
This is a chance to play a pivotal role in manufacturing process for a world leader in the global medical diagnostic market.
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then hit the apply button now. Applications in Word Format will only be considered (No PDF Documents please).
Questions can be directed to Matthew Downes at Fuse Recruitment on 0403 202 811.