Our client is the largest fresh dairy products group in the world, with a presence across multiple nations and hundreds of production sites. Despite such a big and global presence, they are continuing to expand and as a result are looking to appoint a Senior Packaging Technologist to their site based in Melbourne.
The Senior Packaging Technologist will spearhead R&D packaging projects that will involve innovation, renovation, productivity and value analysis. A focus on developing packaging for new product launches, along with playing an integral role in the continuous improvement of existing product packaging will be a core responsibility of this role.
We are seeking applications from candidates with proven experience working in packaging development (at least 5 years experience) within dairy or FMCG, ideally with a brand owner / packaging supplier. The successful candidate will have a strong ability to manage multiple projects at any given time, along with the ability to take ownership and initiative.
The Successful Candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in science or engineering related discipline
- Experience within a similar role within a dairy manufacturing environment ideal
- Knowledge of dairy products and their characteristics in relation to packaging requirements
- Strong knowledge of packaging technologies - Materials (polymers, paper, cardboard, resins), blow and injection moulding processes, thermoforming process, filling, and packaging equipment
- Experience and strong ability to use software for packaging development and technical specifications (2D and 3D designs)
- Strong understanding of packaging regulations and food safety standards and practices
Duties of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Develop packaging for new products and improve existing product designs
- Lead packaging projects, often multiple projects at one time
- Support cost-saving initiatives with innovative and clever packaging designs and design improvements
- Work collaboratively with staff from different departments including marketing, industrial operations, sales, and procurement
- Manage technical data process
- Contribute to technical problem solving regarding productivity, logistics or reliability issues
- Liaise with suppliers - Develop and maintain relationships
If your skills and experience match the criteria above, then hit the apply button now!
Please submit your resume and covering letter in Word Format.
Questions can be directed to Leah Creswick at Fuse Recruitment on 0478 193 170.