MiniFAB is a leading provider of product development and manufacturing services to the global medical diagnostic market. Currently, they require a Senior Product Development Engineer to join the team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing product development activities for assigned projects, to engineering tasks are executed in line with required standards. This will involve consulting into projects, mentoring and coaching junior engineering staff and contributing to continuous improvement activities to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of product development.
- Develop Product Development work packages for initial project acquisition and subsequent project delivery, including estimating and delivering to time, cost and quality criteria
- Oversee Product Development processes and manage performance, including but not limited to requirement definition, concept generation, workflow development, product design and development, risk management, cost modelling, DFM, and design validation
- Liaise closely with the NPI Engineering team and Manufacturing department to successfully transition projects from Product Development into Manufacturing
- Support the recruitment, coaching and development of engineering staff, including measurement and reporting of team performance to the manager
- Guide project teams into the selection of appropriate design and manufacturing concepts to ensure successful project outcomes
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities within the product development team by monitoring and improving the quality and effectiveness of engineering processes
- Interact with clients on an as-needed basis to support project and sales activities
- A tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering, or similar engineering discipline
- Significant experience (10+ years) working as a Product Development Engineer in fast paced, high quality, regulated engineering environment such as medical device, automotive or similar industry is essential. IVD product development experience will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience as a successful team leader, coach and mentor
- Proven competency in delivering design solutions for high quality, low cost, volume manufactured products.
- A rigorous approach to design control in a low cost, high quality environment, with extensive experience with Design for Manufacture principles
- A solid understanding of common polymer fabrication / prototyping / assembly / packaging techniques
- Intimate understanding of design control, validation and verification processes under a stringent Quality Management System (ISO13485 would be ideal)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, team work and ability to take initiative
This is a chance to play a pivotal role in the product development process for a world leader in the global medical diagnostic market.
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, then hit the apply button now.
Applications in Word Format will only be considered (No PDF Documents please).
Questions can be directed to Leah Creswick at Fuse Recruitment on 0478 193 170.