Unique Opportunity to join a booming civil contractor with an exciting portfolio of MRPV
Projects. Due to continual growth our client is seeking a Senior Safety Advisor to
oversee a some of Melbourne's Iconic road project's. Safety is the core value that underpins all that we do, in all areas of the business. With a strong family culture, our client are a national T2 Civil Contractor who delivers year after year!
The project is a complex road and bridge project - a must have on your CV for the future! Remuneration is based on experience of course, though you can expect a salary between
$130K-$160K, plus super and car, potentially more...
- Coach and influence line management in safety and health leadership.
- Conduct site safety inductions for employees, contractor's sub-contractors and site visitors.
- Develop and implement safety programs for project employees.
- Complete front line reviews of safe systems of work and provide reports on findings.
- Assist with case management, workers compensation claims and rehabilitation processes.
- Deliver awareness and education-based information to workgroups.
- Communicate and consult with front line workers on the way to improve safety performance.
- Work proactively with project stakeholders and client groups in all aspects of delivery.
- Assist line management with subcontractor management activities
- Provide leadership and direct for a junior Safety Coordinator and a Safety Administrator
- Assisting in the development of Safety Advisors and Safety Administrators.
- Coaching and mentoring project management teams and all other personnel to understand and achieve their safety accountabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Client requires minimum of 3 years' experience within Civil Construction
- Extensive industry experience as a safety professional, with a focus in major civil construction and/or rail projects;
- An up-to-date understanding and interest in HSEQ legislation
- Strong stakeholder management skills, coupled with the ability to take ownership and problem solve in spite of competing stakeholder interests.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Safety legislation, codes of practice and standards.
Please call Andrew on 03 9981 5900, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online to this Senior Safety Advisor Job or other Safety Advisor Jobs.
Andrew has worked with many?well-known and respected tier 1, 2 & 3 civil?companies over the last 4 years, and will find you a great job, with an exciting and established tier 2 business on a Major Project.