Fuse Recruitment are seeking a Shift Supervisor to join the team for a well-established South Australian family-owned fresh food company.
We are seeking team-oriented candidates with a can-do attitude and a passion for continuous improvement to join us and play a key part within our clients' team.
Working in a small, fast-paced dynamic manufacturing environment, the successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to work autonomously whilst adhering to strict safety requirements.
Reporting to the Production & Continuous Improvement Manager, the position will also work closely with the warehousing manager, operations and production team, whilst other staff.
- Review production schedule, interpret specifications and job orders to production and packaging operators, and assign duties as required.
- Develop team members by providing guidance, coaching and assignments that result in high employee engagement and a highly competent team
- Promote a proactive culture where operators take ownership of their areas and resolve workplace issues and grievances through problem resolution.
- Conduct regular visual checks to ensure high-quality products are manufactured and verify conformance to specifications.
- Direct setup and adjustments of machines as required.
- Analyse and resolve operational problems
- Plan and coordinate work and ensure capability to safely operate all machinery and equipment required
To be successful for the position, you must:
- Be available to work weekends and irregular overtime
- Ensure he/she is accessible and available to provide guidance and direction and address any issues that impact the department
- Strong supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment; dairy or cheesemaking skills and knowledge are highly desirable.
- Experience in identifying and delivering on continuous improvement projects; ideally within a 5S / Lean Manufacturing framework.
- General knowledge of food manufacturing processes, planning and logistics, systems, QA, WHS, GMP, HACCP, EPA and food safety standards and systems.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, timekeeping systems and ERP, such as NetSuite).
- Exceptional leadership style, driven by values and a people focus; able to guide, support, coach and develop a high performing team; utilising appropriate interpersonal styles including leading by example, setting objectives and defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction.
- Exceptional organisational, troubleshooting and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build a cohesive and supportive team environment
- A can-do attitude to drive operations and efficiencies
- Exceptional communication skills to build on key internal and external relationships and lead the team
- Able to plan and think ahead to prepare action plans to achieve results
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise based on business needs.
- Able to encourage a strong customer-focus and build understanding of customer perspectives within their team
- Committed to their own personal development and continuous self-improvement, and sees learning opportunities in everyday work.
- Able to work as a team member within the ethos and Guiding Principles of the company
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel you have the experience we are looking for, please hit "APPLY NOW"
At Fuse, we specialise in recruitment for the manufacturing industry and actively source a variety of roles for a broad range of manufacturers. If you are looking for a new opportunity, I'd love to hear from you!
If you know someone looking for a job, refer them to us and we'll give you $500* if we find them a new role!